The main way to keep your home safe is to make it look less attractive to burglars.
- Install a visible intruder alarm system, burglars do not want to be seen or heard
- Don’t leave your keys or ID documents within easy reach of doors, letterboxes or windows.
- Close and lock all doors and windows.
- Lock garages and sheds so garden tools and ladders cant be used to break into your home.
- Keep side gates locked and wheelie bins stored behind them.
- Use timer switches linked to lights and a radio so it appears that someone is at home.
- Invest in a safe for your valuables and sentimental items and securely fix it to a solid surface.
- Install low level ‘dusk till dawn’ lighting to increase visibility and deter burglars.
- Keep side and rear boundaries high to restrict access and front boundaries low to limit hiding places.
- Photograph and mark valuables and sentimental items with your postcode and house number/name.
- Keep your valuables out of sight and windows covered using window blinds.
Contact Rock Security and one of our security specialists will be happy to conduct a risk assessment of your home or business.